You are here

QSL Updates

April 2011

QSL has issued an update on its corporate activity for interested industry stakeholders. Read more
QSL has confirmed that its long-term and short-term credit ratings have been downgraded by Standard & Poor’s from ‘AA-‘ and ‘A-1+’ respectively to ‘A’ and ‘A-1’. Read more
Queensland Sugar Limited (QSL) has advised today that it has purchased a further 4.51 per cent of the shares of Tully Sugar Limited (Tully), lifting its total shareholding from 13.11 per cent to 17.62 per cent. Read more
A letter was written to the media by John Pollock on 30 March 2011. There are a number of inaccuracies in his claims that need to be clarified in that letter. Read more

March 2011

QSL (Queensland Sugar Limited) has responded to recent media comments made by Maryborough Sugar Factory regarding industry marketing, pricing and logistics. Read more
Constructive dialogue between millers and QSL has allowed the Queensland sugar industry to agree an outcome to manage the production shortfall experienced during the last sugar harvest. Read more
QSL (Queensland Sugar Limited) has announced it will establish a sugar industry working group to conduct an industry-wide review, in order to reconsider pricing and risk options for all industry members following the extremely wet 2010 season Read more

February 2011

QSL has voted to reject a constitutional change proposal put forward by Tully Sugar Ltd as a condition of a takeover bid by international agri-business firm Bunge Read more
In a 2010 season update released today by QSL (Queensland Sugar Limited), the sugar exporter assesses the extreme weather conditions during the 2010 season and the impacts on the industry of the 25 per cent drop in raw sugar export volumes in 2010. Read more
QSL (Queensland Sugar Limited) has completed a further assessment of damage caused by tropical cyclone Yasi. All QSL staff are safe. Read more